We All Start Scared - Will You Take the Leap of Faith?

You know, when I started this year, I was terrified. My mind filled with that dreaded question: "What if?" Everything purchasing the journals to putting words into this blog scared me. 

"What if I can't find my voice?" "What if nobody reads my blog?" "What if my message isn't clear?" "What if I can't find motivation to keep writing?"

I'd tried, and failed, before. What should make this time different? My mind filled with doubts, and fear crept in. 

My biggest fear, of course, was that I would fail to turn my dream into reality. 

We All Start Scared. Will You Take The Leap Of Faith?
We all start scared. The difference between those who fail and those who succeed is faith -- in themselves!
(Source CC BY)


I'd listen to the naysayers. 

"How are you going to make that happen?" (To be honest, I didn't know.)

"The Law of Attraction doesn't work." (I know it works on things I DON'T want in my life, so why shouldn't it work on things I DO want in my life?)

"You're not talented enough to make that work." (Most of the things I want don't require talent so much as they require drive.)

These negative voices -- sometimes my parents's voices, sometimes my own -- have planted a seed of fear. They tell me everything I can't do. They warn me that I am stepping off into the unknown. They tell me that I'm taking a risk.

I was scared.

I AM scared. 

Everybody starts out scared.

Admit it: You've had these thoughts too. There's something holding you back. Something LIMITS you from obtaining what you want. This limiting thought process is programmed into us from the moment we recognize our parents's voices (perhaps even in the womb). 

For those whose parents are encouraging, there are teachers, friends, others whose limiting thought processes have held them back and who pass this on to us.

Misery loves company, and people become jealous, upset, and angry when something which doesn't work for them works for someone else.

Admit it: You've looked at a successful person and thought "why not me?"

Well, why NOT you?

Fear is that persistent voice which directs you that you're not good enough. Courage is being scared and doing it anyway. Successful people possess courage. They step out on faith, believing that whatever it is they want, they deserve to have it. 

Successful people find a way to silence that voice in their head and instead listen to the quieter, more still voice which whispers: "You can do it!"

Whoever you are, and whatever you want, it's available to you.

Are you a writer battling insecurity? Maybe the voice says "Nobody wants to read anything you'll ever write."

Do you have an idea you're cared to market? Maybe the voice says "It's already been done. What makes you think you're better than anybody else?"

Is a physical or mental limitation standing between you and your dreams? Maybe the voice says "There's no way for you to make it happen, so give up now."

Maybe your dream is just bigger than you are. The voice might tell you "That's not for you. Try something simpler."

We all start out scared. Everybody has these pessimistic voices in their minds. (Trust me, many of us barely survived our childhood, and those are the ones who had wonderful, loving families!).

People want you to fail. The Universe wants you to succeed.

People succeed because they believe.
If you want to succeed, you have to take the leap of faith. You have everything you need!
(Source CC BY)

Turn those pessimistic voices in your head around. 

Does the voice say nobody wants to read what you write? Affirm to yourself "My words have meaning and value. People need to hear what I have to say."

Maybe it tells you your idea has already been made and yours is no better than others before it. Affirm to yourself "I've added something of value here. People need to have the opportunity to see my brilliance."

If it tells you that your physical or mental limitations get in the way, affirm to yourself "There's always a way to get it done. I'll find a way to work with my limitations."

Do you hear the voice tell you that you're not worthy of your dreams? Affirm to yourself "I deserve nothing less than everything I've ever wanted. No dream is bigger than I am. I have all the tools I need to achieve my goals."

Affirm yourself. Then, step out on faith. The Universe has your back.

Know somebody who needs to hear this message? Please remember to like, share, and pin! You can become a fan on Facebook, follow on Twitter, or follow on Pinterest for more updates!

Comments

Post a Comment